GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH ARTICLES
● Article submitted to İslam Araştırmaları Dergisi
should be drafted in Microsoft Word, with minimum 2.5 cm margins, 12 point, Times New Roman font, and 1.5 spacing between sentences.
● Articles should not exceed 12,000 words.
● Prior to submission, the footnotes, summary, bibliography, tables, etc. should be complete.
● Articles should include the authors’ titles and institutional affiliations with ORCID numbers and e-mail addresses in a footnote with the symbol (*).
● Articles should be drafted according to the Centre for Islamic Studies (ISAM)’s style of orthography and bibliography.
for the citation guideline for articles in Turkish.
for the citation guideline for articles in English.
for ISAM’s principles for critical editions.
● Articles should include an abstract of 150-200 words in Turkish at the beginning and a 750-900-word English extended summary at the end.
We prefer that authors send the extended summary in English, although they can also send it in Turkish. In any case, authors should specify the exact English-language translations of the scholarly vocabulary and a complete transliteration of personal names and book titles, which should be based on IJMES Transliteration Chart. The extended summary should be free from ambiguous sentences and should rather be clear and lucid. If an article is approved, İslam Araştırmaları Dergisi may have the extended summary translated into English, without any payment required from the author.
● Articles can be submitted by filling out the Author Information Form
and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org